Spring Break




Today was warm and sunny, so on an impulse this afternoon I loaded 3 kids and my JRT into the car and headed west....to the Beach!!
We arrived in Seaside OR about 45-50 minutes from our house. We grabbed a quick lunch and then headed south on 101 to Rockaway Beach. When we arrived at Rockaway we were met with clouds and wind and col ocean air!
We walked and ran the dog along the seashore for about 20-30 minutes and noses running and toes tingling we got back in the car to go a little farther south along the coast.
We arrived in Tillamook OR, and visited the cheese factory there. I recommend this visit if you are ever out that way.
We did the self guided tour, bought some cheese curds and then got in line for ice cream cones!!
The ice cream was fabulous!!
After Ice Cream we headed back up North on 101 and this time we stopped in Manzanita, pulled over right next to the beach and got out to the calmest beach we had seen all day. The beach is situated in a way that blocks a lot of the direct wind from the ocean, so beach combing and dog walking were much more pleasant here.
We arrived back home tired, happy and hungry at about 8:00 p.m. Tomorrow they expect rain, I am glad I followed my impulse today.

5 comments:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Dorinda, sounds like such a wonderful day! I too think it was a great idea to follow your impulse, it is a day I'm sure your kids will treasure.

Sharon said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer to the coast! We are around 3 hours away... Great pictures!

Nancy said...

Good for you Dorinda!
So glad you and your children had a wonderful stressfree day.

Lisa said...

What fun. I can't wait for the beach, to be out from under snow. :)

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California