Christmas and Barn Stars

Have you seen the amazing and cool Altered Barn Stars everywhere?? There is an awesome project tutorial by Sande Kreiger on Twopeas
The first one I ever saw was made by Friend Linda, spicygingersnap (she made the star that the lovely texasjodylynn is holding in the picture) on SCS. Then jeanniebabes on SCS made a really wonderful star and so did jwheeler
I found my star at Craftwarehouse in Meridian Idaho. I bought papers from My mind's Eye, Around the Block and 1 other I can not remember..but they are all wonderful and festive! I made this today while recouping from a evil virus that has taken hold of our entire household this week. My poor 10 year old has been so sick the past week. I presented this to my Mom for Chrsitmas today so she can hange it in her home for the Holidays.
I used a plain piece of typing paper to trace the point shape and used it as a template to cut out paper for each point. I painted a thin layer of matte mod podge on the back pf the paper and adhere it to the star. I had some slight gaps so i adhered thin gold and red cord down the centers using UHU glue. Being thin cord it doesn't take away from the beauty of the papers. I painted a top coat of mod podge on to seal and voila1 it is done. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

ohhh ahhh!!!! I love these stars.

Lastel said...

That star is gorgeous Dorinda ! Did I tell you my neice works at that Craftwarehouse in Meridian ,Idaho ! Her name is Christina if you ever get a chance to meet her .

senovia said...

That's so pretty!!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California