Fabulous Batik


I am such a horrible Blogger! I hardly post and am so sorry for that..life is getting in the way it seems.
I stamped today just for the shear pleasure of doing so. I dusted off one of my favorite sets that i don't use nearly enough! Fabulous Flowers from Stampin' Up!
I used one of my fave techniques to create some background for this card. the 'Mulberry Batik' method was used to create a patterned background for the main image. I stamped with versamark on thin mulberry paper and then embossed with clean embossing powder. I then sprayed the paper with a misting of water and grabbed my ink pads and daubers and sponged on some color. I then take a warm iron, no steam, and a sheet of computer paper over the top and iron until the paper has absorbed all of the embossing from the mulberry paper. I cut it down to size I want to use and mount it on white card stock.
The card base is Soft Sky from SU!, then a layer of Basic Black cs also from SU! I stamped the large flower from the set in versamark and embossed with white EP then cut it out and arranged it on layer on top of the other. I added a shiny bling brad to the center. I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White CS and mounted into an oval bookplate with some small Bling Brads and added a touch of gorgeous 'Jody Ribbon'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so fabulous at this technique, Dorinda! Love your beautiful card!!!

Stampin_Melissa said...

This is just beautiful! Love to see what you post!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California