Last minute Party Favors

My daughter Rebecca will 11 on Tuesday the 21st of November. She chose to have a few friends over for a party on Saturday the 18Th, we planned bowling for the activity and Pizza for dinner and Pancakes and eggs for Breakfast. We managed cake and ice cream, but forgot about getting anything together for party favors/goody bags.....ooops!
There were only 3 girls coming over so I hurriedly looked thru my hoards of alterable supplies. What I found was 3 mini composition notebooks along with 3 mini gel pens..hmmmm. Quickly looking thru my stash of patterned scrapbook papers found a cute sheet of blue argyle type pattern and quickly sat down to measure and cut and cover the 3 notebooks. Once the notebooks were covered, they looked a little plain, so I had Rebecca dig thru my sticker stash and find something that she would like to see on the front......Once the stickers were on the front the notebooks were complete...whew!









Then I kept digging thru things and found hair clips.....and small clear flat marbles...aha! I stamped a small dot in Pretty in Pink ink and a small daisy in Lavender and punched them out with a small circle punch and attached them to the hair clips with Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up!...each part goer got 2 clips and a mini notebook and a mini gel pen.
After we returned home from bowling, I thought I do have a box of 200 chipboard coasters sitting here..maybe I could quickly make something to add to the goody bags...hmmmm, aha!
Mini picture frames! all I needed to do was choose some decorative paper, cover the front and backs of each coaster attach them with a small hinge and some brads, add some embellishments and a group picture of the girls together from the party. I printed the month and year on the computer and printed it out on card stock, trimmed and attached to a tag and adhered it to the inside of the coaster frame.



















































3 comments:

Jen said...

Holy crow!! These are so adorable Dorinda--I can't believe you pulled this together so fast! Bet the girls all loved them!

Karen said...

Oh how cute! This is so cool! You did great!

Lisa said...

Dorinda.....how cool a mom are you!
Those are fabulous. what a brain storm.
I must get me some coasters so i can be like all the other cool kids! LOL
I bet the party was a smash!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California