Inspiration



A year ago I was fortunate enough to attend a regional seminar for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators. I was also fortunate to swap cards with many very talented ladies. One card from October 2005 inspired me to do a OSW (one sheet wonder) for some Thanksgiving cards. The original card that inspired me was made by a very talented stamper, leslierich of SCS. Click on her name for a link to her fabulous SCS gallery. Here is my inspiration card from Leslie.



Here is what I did for the cards that I made. I took 1 sheet of 8 1/2 Glossy White card stock, and stamped trees randomly on it using the Lovely as a Tree set. I used stazon black ink for this. When the ink dried I then used sponges and daubers to add some color to the trees, ground and sky.


I then cut the OSW into different sized pieces and designed simple cards using the pieces. I felt that the trees really looked like autumn scenery and were perfect for Thanksgiving greetings.

5 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

WOW, what fabulous cards! I never would have thought to use the trees for a OSW. Thanks for the inspiration. You rock! :)

Jen said...

Beautiful!! What a cool idea for a OSW!!

Stampin_Melissa said...

What an awesome idea! Your cards are beautiful!

Lisa said...

Dorinda, these absolutely rock!!! I have never done a osw maybe you have inspired me. Lovely!

Buena Park Radon Mitigation said...

Hi great readiing your blog

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California