2 weeks?!? Oh my!

First let me say that I am sorry for leaving this unattended for 2 weeks. My bad

I have started a new project and I am not quite sure if I like where it is going or not....I am going to set it aside for a while and see if I can come back to it and do something to make it seem workable. Last year at the Target $1 spot I purchased a 2 ring binder, made for holding recipes and I also got as many page inserts as I could get at the time. I have had this sitting in a storage tote for all this time. I decided it was meant for recipes and it should be used for recipes. Here it is before I decided to try and alter it. I really thought I could do better than this bright orange and green stripes...well..I tried anyway. I found this pack of cute scrapbook paper at DollarTree, it was a kitchen themed pack all red and caramel and vanilla colors very old fashioned looking. I chose the sheet of all cherry paper and decided to Mod Podge it on....I chose a multi-colored striped paper for the inside....I wanted to do Mod Podge because I would be using this in the kitchen and it is bound to get messy, I wanted it to be more durable.... I added some stitched ribbon in True Thyme form Stampin' Up! on the edges of the spine. My plan is to type and print all of my hand written recipes and add them to this binder. I want to embellish it more but have not come up with any definite ideas as of yet.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I think you are off to a great start!
Really cute idea, now what yummy recipes will go inside?

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California