Birthday Cards!!.....well 'A' birthday card...








I have a friend whose birthday is coming up soon, so I made a card tonight to celebrate. I even managed to finish and it is ready for the mail..woohoo!
I took 1 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cs, cut it at 4 1/4....scored it at 3 1/4....attached the 2 scored pieces together with adhesive and decorated.
I used my Cuttlebug embossing folders, the Script, D-vine Swirls and the Formal Squares. I also used the Olivia Alphabet Die for the Cuttlebug. I rubbed an open ink pad over the raised embossing..love the look!
Inside is a very vintage distressed look. I stamped on confetti cs with the well worn words background stamp. I stamped over that with a verse from the Happy Harmony set and flowers from the Carte Postale set. I used a sponge dauber to add some ink to the edges. The last floral in the card is a retired set, Toile` Blossoms, stamped on manila colored cs and water colored with watercolor crayons, edges sponged with close to cocoa ink. It was simple and fun to make and I love the old world feel to it!! The pink frilly ribbon is from Stampin' Up!s winter mini and the brown grosgrain is also from SU!

5 comments:

Alli said...

Dorinda, she is going to love it. What a lot of work, but it was so worth it, the card looks amazing! You are so talented!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning. :)

Karen said...

Fabulous as usual Dorinda! Love all the details!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow Dorinda, this is gorgeous! What a fab job you did!

Kristin said...

Greart use of at Toile Blossom stamp, Dorinda!! What a lovely card!!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California