Inspired by Friends


My friend Alli made some really beautiful cards using the Roses In Winter set from Stampin' Up!
She used the 'Rock-n-Roll technique. You can see her gorgeous creations on her blog 'Rubber Rambles'
Then My friend Jen who was also inspired by Alli made some really gorgeous RIW cards, on her blog, Inking Along After seeing such beauty created using my favorite set i decided to dig it out of drawer and see if I could be creative.
I started with Close to Cocoa cs, and Cameo Coral cs. * Just a side note....have you noticed how much of this color combo is 'in' right now? I see it in ads all over the place! I love this combo it will work so many ways and look FAB!*
I tried the 'rock-n-roll' tech with this, I used Apricot Appeal and Cameo Coral, I also give the stamps a little 'twist' or a 'smoosh' when stamping with this set. I like the look it gives the roses.
I also used some new dies for my Cuttlebug, 'Vintage' 2x2. I used the photo corner die for this card. I saved the cut out from the corners and added them to the smaller piece at the top and bottom. I used a Stampin' write marker to ink just 2 words of the sentiment stamp, to have a short and simple sentiment for this card. I also added a light dusting of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the roses. The base of the card is also stamped with the Linen BG stamp using Close to Cocoa ink. The Cameo Coral layer is also stamped with the Linen BG, using Cameo Coral ink and a little of the Close to Cocoa as well.
I added some DTP to the edges to add to the aged and vintage feel of the card. I almost always use Creamy Caramel for this. All supplies are from Stampin' Up!, except adhesive, I used my ATG gun and the scapbooker pen from UHU.

4 comments:

Alli said...

Awwww....shucks Dorinda. Thanks. Trouble is when you case you are supposed to do a worse job than me, not a better job. This card should be hung on a wall, it is absolutely gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous Dorinda!

Kim said...

very pretty Dorinda!! I just got some AC ribbon with these exact colors. I will have to pull out my RIW set. :)

Lisa said...

Beautiful, you've got it goin' on!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California