Oh Baby!!

I know so many people expecting baby girls right now! How exciting is that? Very! Spring magazines are full of all kinds of cute baby themes right now too. As I was browsing through my many paper craft/stamping related mags this weekend I found two projects that highly inspired me.
I worked all weekend on 2 projects to get them just the way I wanted them. I was CASEing some beautiful works but I didn't want them to be exactly the same just a jumping off point for me.

My first inspiration came from the new issue of Card Maker Magazine
A project on page 66 of the March 2007 issue by Alice Golden was my inspiration for this baby girl shaker card. Thanks to Alice and Card Maker Magazine.

My next source of inspiration is from an issue of Papercrafts magazine from April/May 2006. There is an advertisement for Sandylion products, on page 80. There is a cute little book similar to the coaster calendars I made in December. I dug out 2 chipboard coasters, and some new paper I got from DCWV, the Once Upon A Time series. The pages in the book are blank to be filled in by the expectant Mother at or after her shower. The tabs on the pages are made from the designer label punch from Stampin' Up! I used my Cuttlebug and the Red Tag Sale alpha dies and the Olivia alpha dies for the cover. The book is held together with 1" loose leaf/binder rings.

7 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

WOWOWOWOW those are AWESOME! They look like they belong in the magazine! Pretty! Too bad I am not having another baby... NOT! LOL

Sharon said...

These are absolutely amazing Dorinda! Wow, your rocked it!

Allison Rankin said...

Amazing...there is so much depth to your projects!

Alli said...

Dorinda, wow, you should make doubles of these and submit them. They really look like they belong on the cover of a magazine!

Jen said...

Wow!!!! These are awesome Dorinda!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous projects, Dorinda!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, Dorinda! I love them! You added the perfect touches to both! That little book is such a wonderful keepsake!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California