Oh the Inspiration!



I have the 6x6 Basic Grey paper packs of Phoebe and Stella Ruby. I found a sheet in Stella Ruby that totally inspired me to stamp a background for a card today.
I began with Chocolate Chip cs and bleach....didn't quite turn out like I had originally thought...so i turned to stamping over the bleached cs with craft ink..this was working!
I used the Wild Rose DD set from SU! and the Letter Press set from SU!
I used my craft spots in So Saffron, Regal Rose, Rose Red and Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke.
I stamped off a few times for some lighter more subtle roses in the background, and stamped over with letter press, then over that with bolder roses...I am very pleased with this card, I love the look of it!! The stitched ribbon is from May Arts, I was finished and as an after thought I added a Faux Prima to the front of the card. My faux prima's are from a silk bunch of flowers that I dismantled and re-assembled with a brad in the middle. I will show you both views of the same card. Please comment on which way you prefer it and tell me what you think of my masterpiece. *wink*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorinda, these are BEAUTIFUL!!! I actually thought that was designer paper (and I wanted to know where to buy it!) Stunning cards!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Well, hmmmmm, which one???? I really like them both, but I guess because I am looking at them together I prefer the top one because the friend tag isn't obsured.

They are so beautiful! The background really does look like designer paper. Great job!

Jen said...

Dorinda, they are both amazing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dorinda! What a gorgeous card! jbalcer

Alli said...

OMG! Seriously, you stamped that, SERIOUSLY! I would buy that paper. Dorinda, it's awesome! AWESOME, I tell ya!

Joan said...

Love the second one better, but I was loving the first one until I saw the one with the prima. This is gorgeous!!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California