Batik Technique



In the May issue of Stampin' Success from Stampin' Up! They had some beautiful samples in there using the Batik technique. They has slightly different directions than what I learned from Beate on SCS but basically the same.
Stamp your image, preferable a bold image in versa mark ink on Mulberry paper. Emboss with clear EP. Mist paper with water and sponge on or use a dauber and die ink or craft ink over the embossed images. You can also use Watercolor Wonder Crayons or re-inkers and an aqua painter for this.
When you are finished adding the desired colors, then set you iron to warm/medium with no steam, place your project between two sheets of copy paper and iron to remove the embossing powder, it will stick/absorb onto the copy paper. Mount the finished batik image onto white cs and then finish your card. This is easy and fun, explore and experiment with colors, stamped images and I think you will be hooked.

15 comments:

Karen said...

Aha! Now I get it! LOL I love the way this looks and I am going to do this sometime because its so cool!

Allison Rankin said...

These are lovely! Now I need to go buy some embossing supplies!

Jen said...

These are fabulous Dorinda!!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning. I love it!

Sharon said...

I just love your work! That's why I tagged you! http://mystampingworld.blogspot.com/2007/04/post-tag.html
Hugs D! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Your cards look amazing, Dorinda!

Alli said...

Oh my gosh, Dorinda, these are so beautiful, they look like a really lush garden

Anonymous said...

Your cards are gorgeous!!!

Debra

Paula said...

Dorinda, I am tagging you. Please play along and list five blogs you enjoy visiting and then you get to tag them.

Wendy said...

Oh my!! Your cards are awesome!!!! I've been blog surfing and glad I found your blog! I was tagged by another blogger and now I'm tagging you. Here's what you do.. list 7 tidbits about yourself and then tag 7 other bloggers. I'm on my way to listing my 7 tidbits and the 7 bloggers I'm tagging! Enjoy..

Anonymous said...

..........THUD! These are absolutely STUNNING, Dorinda! Had to run and get a drool bucket for these babies!!! Holy Balcer, girl!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous and totally amazing! :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous cards, Dorinda!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorinda;

JulieHRR sent me.

I love your cards!! They're like a secret and magical garden!! TFS.

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California