What Dreams May Come...


This is going to be one of my favorite new sets..I can just feel it.
I had dreamed of making a card with this set in the colors of Taken with Teal and Black. I couldn't recall all of the details of my dream card but I did manage to capture the essence of that dream.
For this card I began with a standard size card in Basic Black cs. Th stamped a 3 1/4 x 4 1/2 rectangle of glossy white cs with small flowers and versamark then clear embossed. I don't have a classic dye pad of taken with teal but I did have a craft spot of that color, so I sponged it all over the glossy embossed piece and rubbed off extra just like typical emboss resist. With using the craft ink the embossed flowers took on much of the color while the background remained just tinted.
I tied black ribbon around this layer and added some white grosgrain that had been 'drug' through the teal craft ink. I then added a pinched scalloped circle to layer on the big flower. The large flower was stamped in craft ink and clear embossed and cut out. I added the pearl embellishment and some dots of sparkle with a stardust gel pen. The sentiment was stamped with black ink on teal cs and outlined with stardust pen.

5 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card, Dorinda!

Lisa said...

I can't get over how stunning this one is. Dorinda your talent just awes me. Fantastic job.

Corie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Love it. GREAT colors!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Love the colors you used.

Debra

Anonymous said...

Your really are sick. Love the look can't wait to see more.

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California