Altered Journal


About a month ago I altered a journal that I have had in my stash for over a year now. One of those times when you buy or are given things to alter and they pile up for a while...well i finally actually did a project and hope to continue to got through my stash of things.
The journal was the type that you find in the $1 store or at the $1 bin at Michaels or Target. I covered it with DP from Stampin' Up..The Outlaw collection. I used my ATG adhesive gun and some spray adhesive to adhere the paper to the journal. I covered the outside, the inside covers and the binding. I also stamped on the paper with versamark and then rushed over it with Pearl Ex in Russett. I then sprayed it with a clear sealer to seal the Pearl Ex. I used my oval punch from SU! to create the 'hinges' on the binding. The paper is Chocolate Chip cs that had been misted with water and wrinkled and smoothed several times and then pressed as flat as possible and it has the look of leather. I added the antique brads and twill to the binding. The guava colored ribbon is also from Stampin' Up! I used the Baroque Motifs stamp set for the scroll designs and the word 'Cherish' on the cover. I did the cracked glass technique on the 'cherish' oval. I wanted this to appear old and well loved. I am quite proud of this journal, the paper is so smooth with no wrinkles and the look is exactly how I had envisioned it before creating it. Thanks for Looking!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Wow this is super pretty! Great job!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Dorinda, this is truly incredible! It looks so awesome! My jaw dropped when I saw it!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Love the 'hinges'... and the images you used. TFS!

Corinna is Stamptopia.com said...

I just wanted to tell you I saw your journal on SCS and I LOVE it! :)

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California