Can you Resist?


Emboss resist that is....I love this technique it is featured as the technique lovers challenge over at SCS. In the challenge forum under TLC131. The challenge was 2 fold though not only emboss resist but versamark resist as well.
I love to do these so much I couldn't stop at just one card so I did two. The first one is simple and bright very cheerful and fun! I used Watercolor Garden from SU! I used glossy cs and stamped flowers randomly in versamark then emossed with clear ep. I stamped the next floral images in versamark without ep. I then took my handy sponge daubers and began sponging on color, pixie pink and orchid opulence. I added a bit of certainly celery here and there also. I also stamped butterflies in vintage violet, and then I took a napkin and rubbed off the excess ink from the embossed images and the versamark images. Notice how the images stamped in just versamark are more subtle and muted than the embossed images. The ribbon is from Texasjodylynn. I used the round 'cute' sentiment from the so very set and my 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches and some dimensionals over the ribbon.
My next card is done with Petal Prints from SU! I did the same technique with different colors. I used purely pomegranate and regal rose this time around. I also over stamped with staz-on jet black for the outlined flowers. I used more of my jodyribbon and a bit of the new ribbon from A Muse. I did the main flower using my stampin' write markers, and stamped over this with basic black. ( 2 step stampin') I did the corners with the ticket corner punch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dahlink...simply dahlink!!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow! What a great job you did! My fav is the second one. I think I may be inspired to Resist! ;)

Nicki said...

These are so pretty!! I love seeing your cards!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! It's one of my faves too!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California