Halloween is coming!

What a fun Holiday! Candy, treats and kids in fun costumes. A day when we can all play and dress up and be whatever we want to be...and be rewarded for it with sweets! I love Halloween and Halloween decorations. I set off to make my own this year. The chipboard coaster craze continues to inspire me! I was actually inspired by a project from my friend Cyndi Wheeler.
One of her swap projects that she brought to Utah was so beautiful and inspiring, I completed her project today using chipboard letters, ink and coasters and
pretty designer paper! The one Cyndi created says 'home' and is 4 coasters connected by hinges. She did such a lovely job of creating something that anyone would be proud to display in their home. The coasters are covered with DP and then of course trimmed and sanded for flush edges. I added some ink to the edges too. The letters were patterned to begin with, i rubbed them lightly with a file to remove the glossy patterned finish. I then inked them up with a combo of classic Chocolate Chip and craft Bravo Burgundy, I then embossed them with clear ep. The paper pieces were all measured and pre cut by Cyndi. I added the Prima's and tied some ribbon at the top of the twill loop. The backs of the coasters are covered with Kraft cs.

After finishing this one I thought I 'need' a Halloween one too! I didn't have big chipboard letters to spell out 'boo' with a letter to each coaster, so i cut letters from chipboard with my Cuttlebug and the red tag alpha die. I inked the letters with Elegant Eggplant classic ink, clear embossed and then added some black glitter glue. The stamped image was an image RAK from Amanda Sewell from last Halloween. I think these kinds of projects are perfect for the Holiday season. I plan on making many more.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

So cute Dorinda, and I am going to copy it!!!

Cyndi said...

Dorinda, these turned out so cute! Love the way they look!

Glad you liked the project!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California