Faux Cloisonne`



Monday's Technique Lovers Challenge over on SCS was to do the Faux Cloisonne` technique.
In the link to the challenge you will find directions and how to's.
I chose to do 2 cards using this fun and beautiful technique. I chose the sets, Delight in Life and petal prints for my cards. You want to use open line stamps for this tech. I then grabbed my issue of 'Real Simple' magazine and started looking for pages with colors and patterns that i thought would make beautiful flowers. I found a great Coldwater Creek ad that i used for the Delight in Life set and a fabulous ad for flowers in purples that i used for the Petal Prints card.
I tore out the pages that i wanted and proceeded to stamp my images over the areas of color that i wanted using versamark ink. I then sprinkled the stamped images with detail gold ep. Then embossed using my heat tool and then cut out the images around the embossing and finish my projects. Give it a try the results are gorgeous!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Dorinda!!! BTW- you've been tagged! Details on my blog . . .

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California