Where did the time go?










Is it November already??? That means it is time to start thinking of Turkey dinner and Black Friday shopping and the countdown to Christmas....why do I feel like I am not ready for this?
I wonder if any of us are ever really ready for the Holidays, all the gift giving, shopping, buying, cooking, baking.....pictures, decorations, visiting..oh and then try and squeeze in some Holiday Cards and handmade gifts...ummm ya somehow there still needs to be time for sleeping, eating and going to work to earn $$$ for all of the above mentioned festivities.
I started on some simple but elegant Thanksgiving cards today. I am loving using patterned papers for backgrounds on cards. I have a few sheets of 12x12 that I picked up last month at the local LSS. They are all different paisley patterns in varied fall colors. I hope you enjoy looking at them.

I used SU! cs, the Small Script set from SU! and a Happy Thanksgiving sentiment from Michael's. Added some ribbon and Prima's with copper cord and a few Brads.
The scalloped ovals are from the Marvy Uchida oval punches...I really want more of these!

For this card I used Ruby Red cs from SU! and stamped the Paisley background stamp on with Rose Red ink. I used the Paper Piercing tool from the crafters tool kit to punch holes all around the edges of the Always Artichoke layer. Basket of Fun is a Hostess set from SU! for the image on this card. The sentiment was stamped using Karen Foster Snap Stamps 1/8" I colored the image in using Prisma color pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits and blending stumps. There is a great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers for this technique. You can find it HERE.

5 comments:

Alli said...

Wow! Dorinda you have been productive today! These cards are beautiful. My favorite is the Happy Thanksgiving

Kim said...

These are very pretty! Love the warm colors

Jen said...

These are so pretty!!! Love them Dorinda!! Glad you are doing something fun for yourself right now--you need it!

Karen said...

Gorgeous card D.......you are on a roll. I love the colors and the special paper too

Lisa said...

Stunning, but then i expect no less from you. You are talented!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California