Coasters, Pretty Paper and UHU



I made this coaster frame last night to add to a Birthday Gift for a co-worker. I got a new paper pack from DCWV, Pocket Full of Posies Stack....gorgeous designs all sparkely and fun!!
I used 2 plain chipboard coasters, and 2 mini hinges from Home Depot, 8 brads and some Mod Podge, paper and UHU to create this simple and fun gift!
I would like to thank GMCbunny from SCS for the know how on the coaster frames, she taught us at the October '06 SCS gathering in Oregon. I first covered 1 side of the coasters with a thin even coat of Mod Podge and then adhered patterned paper.
Then, just lay the coasters down and position the hinges between them, use the paper piercing tool from the Crafter's Tool Kit, to poke holes thru coaster where the brads will go. The heads of the brads should show thru the patterned paper on the back side of the frame. On the front side just cover with paper, same as the back...thin even layer of Mod Podge, I added some torn layers of different colors and a piece matching the patterned paper on the back.
I then stamped, water colored 2 images using clear stamps from Rhonna Farrer. I cut them out and used the Twist & Glue from UHU to adhere them to the frame.
I like the twist & Glue for a couple of reasons, one is the ability to adjust the nozzle for the project, this helps control the amount of glue coming out.
I was able to evenly distribute a thin even layer of glue, and then when I went to adhere it to the frame, when I pressed down, no extra globs of glue were squeezed out from under my project. That was impressive. The staying power of the UHU glue has me impressed as well, it was perfect for attaching embellishments to this project.

5 comments:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Dorinda, this is so darling! I have GOT to use up some of my coasters! :D

Lisa said...

This is beautiful. What a great gift, D!

Tina Doran said...

This rocks Dorinda! I have got to get me some of those coasters! Thanks for sharing this!

Karen said...

I absolutley love this whole project Dorinda. Now I need to try it too!

Anonymous said...

Dorinda, this is so pretty!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California