UHU and Coasters unite to make a box



This is my first coaster box. Over on SCS the tutorial suggests Mod Podge, I also heard from several friends whose coasters were 'warping' slightly when they used the Mod Podge. It was recommended to me to use my ATG gun for adhering the paper to the coasters.
Then a light bulb went on in my head...aha! I will try the UHU twist and glue. I used the twist & glue to adhere the patterned paper to the chipboard coaster, I applied it in a thin even layer, this is the key with liquid type adhesives. I then smoothed it down onto the coaster, and was very pleased to find, no wrinkles, no bubbles, no warping of any kind. Every edge was adhered firmly.
The original tutorial from SCS is linked in the first sentence of this post.
The paper I used in this project is from Stampin' Up! I used Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon for lacing up the sides of the box. I used the Asterisk die set for my Cuttlebug for the flowers adhered to the front, they were adhered using my Xyron.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So smart! Thanks for sharing Dorinda. I got a little warping with mine when i used the crystal effects like stuff, but I will try UHU next time.

Lisa said...

I think this is so sweet. I was going to try the UHU on my coaster project, and now i know it will work.
Great fun use for your cuttlebug!

Alli said...

Dorinda, this is so pretty, I love the colors you used.

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California