A work of Heart for my sweet Daughter


I started this Shadowbox tonight for one of my daughters. This one is for Rebecca. I was inspired by the new Artshow project in the new issue of Stampin' Success©. Stampin' Success is a magazine for Stampin' Up!© Demonstrators.
I sat down with a sheet of Whisper White card stock and a pencil and a fine point black Sharpie.
I free hand drew a lower case 'r' first in pencil then traced over it in sharpie. I then used the set Doodle That by Stampin' Up! to randomly stamp all over the letter, then I cut it out and water colored in the images and background using Watercolor Wonder Crayons by Stampin' Up!
I used my Provocraft Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder to emboss the the card stock the 'r' is mounted on. I used the ticket corner punch on the corners.
The background paper is from a 6x6 paper pack of Basic Grey Phoebe papers. I added some elements from the Simply Said stamp set from Stampin' Up! and Basket Full of Fun Hostess set from SU! The striped ribbon is from AC and the brads, and hardware are all from OTC. Everything is layered and a lot of dimensional's were used to pop them up. I am not sure if I am finishes with this or not. I want to paint the frame white I think, dry brush a little shabby chic type of finish. I plan on making one for my 14 year old daughter too. Now my 9 year old son wants one...I don't do boys quites as easily as girls but I will give it a shot.
I bought these shadow box frames from Dollar Tree about a year or more ago. I grabbed about 3 or 4 of them and knew I would eventually figure out a project for them. They fit a photo sized 5 1/4" x 6".

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Super pretty Dorinda! I bet she loves it!!!

Sharon said...

This is awesome D! I love it! I'm sure she adores it!

Lisa said...

Awesome. I love that you drew the "r" and then used the doodle stamps. Very cute! As well how can you go wrong when you use BG papers.

A very cute project!

Jen said...

Beautiful Dorinda!!!!

Karen said...

This is such a fun shadow box! I love that you doodled her letter and then used the stamps over the top. So Cute! This is a very special gift!

bubbles said...

super cute!

Alli said...

Wow, Dorinda, this is beautiful and what a lovely keepsake, the idea is wonderful!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California