45 Years

My parent will be celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary this month.
I was there for a visit in June and took a lot of family photos, well I get to back again next weekend so I decided I wanted to make them something special for their anniversary
. I decided to dive into digital scrapbooking. I immediately went to over to twopeasinabucket
headed to the freebie section to see what I could find to inspire me.I chose this kit by Rhonna Farrer
The journaling on the page is song lyrics, by Big & Rich 'Lost in this moment'
I used Photoshop Elements 5.0 to create the digital page. I then resized it to print at 5.75"x5.75". I used very sharp paper snips to cut around the black scallops. I then mounted this onto some Regal Rose card stock. I used a big scalloped square from Sampin' Up's ginormous pieces chipboard set and covered it with some decorative paper from DCWV. First I watercolored all of the little flowers on the paper with Regal Rose classic ink and an aquapainter. I used my UHU twist and glue to adhere the paper to the chipboard...then as an after thought I used Modpodge over the top of the entire frame. I cut a piece of transparency sheet to fit on the inside of the frame where glass would be in a regular frame. I used my ATG adhesive gun for adhering all of the backing and transparency. I added ribbons and a couple of small wood charms from the Dollar Tree as embellishments. For the back of the frame I used 2 pieces of 12x12 cardboard that I trimmed to size and glued together to make them sturdier. All of the layers are permanently attached using the ATG adhesive gun.
My next problem was how is this frame to be displayed? Do i want them to hang it or sit it on a table or dresser or other piece of furniture? I went for sitting it up on a piece of furniture...hmmmmm how do I accomplish that? with 2 chipboard coasters and 2 small hinges and 8 small brads that's how. I kept 1 coaster whole, the other was cut in half diagonally. I attached the piece that was triangular to the back of the frame with the hinges and brads, then I cut a slit in the center of a square coaster and one in the triangular piece, so as to slide them together. It worked!
There was a funky little 'wing' sticking up out of the back and I just trimmed it off with scissors.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this...I am sure they will too! You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift! LOVE it! I am sure your parents will treasure it.

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California