What to do when.....

What to do when every where you look there are tons of new cute Halloween stamps and you can't afford to buy any???
Well you turn to your daughter who is in advanced art at school and say can you please draw me something cute for Halloween??? Then you get online and pull up all kinds of clipart and Halloween images from all over the web, along with stamp catalogs and the like and start looking for inspiration. Then you both sit down with pencil paper and start doodling...this is what we came up with so far. I drew the witch hat while at work the other day, My DD drew the mummy, he is still big even after being reduced. I drew the cauldron while sitting around the house.


I scanned our images into the PC and opened up photoshop elements and re-sized to what I thought would work for cards, then I printed them out using an inkjet printer on white cs. I cut them and colored the images with prisma pencils and/or copic markers.
These drawings were inspired by a multitude of other images not just 1 or 2...they are original and not traced or copied. Thanks for looking!
The sentiments were printed from my PC using fonts I found on the net for free at dafont

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Too cute D! You both have skills!

Amanda said...

Those are all super cute Dorinda!!! You rock my friend!!!

Debbie said...

I soooooooooo love the witches hat! all three are super cute!

Unknown said...

These are all so awesome, D!!! Way to get creative!

Karen said...

Very cool way to craft! Awesome! So much talent in one family....way to go!

Alli said...

OMG! Honey, these are adorable and originals, even better. Sometimes lack of finance can help with your creativity, it certainly seemed to help you, I love them. The witch's hat is amazing, you are such a talent girl!

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California