Fantasy Box





If you have ever browsed SCS you may have seen these amazing boxes, that fold within them selves and have secret little hidden compartments like drawers in them.
I needed a gift box for some jewelry pieces..but I didn't need the 4 drawer box so I was brave and did a box 1/2 the height of the standard Fantasy Boxes.
I worked and tweaked and played until I got what I wanted and how I wanted. Thanks go out to Texasjodylynn for all of her help with this project! I used patterned paper from one of my Matt Stacks or Scrap Stacks, I also used some cardboard from a package of 12x12 patterned paper for the walls...covered in decorative paper. I used the Olivia Alpha and my Cuttlebug for the Initials on top of the lid and the little flowers that adorn the box. I cut the flowers and letters from a chipboard coaster and then inked with Stampin' Up! classic inks. i added a few little mini Primas with some glitter in the centers as a decorative element on top of the inner drawers.
I searched SCS for directions on these boxes and found several..they are called Fantasy Boxes or Stepper Boxes and even Surprise Boxes.
Sorry for the slightly blurred pictures....If i can catch some time I may upload some better ones later. Merry Christmas everyone!

9 comments:

Jen said...

This is just adorable Dorinda!!!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK, girlfriend!!! This is awesome!!!!!!!! : )

Dyu

Lisa said...

What a work of heart...she's gonna love it!

Way to go outside the box. LOL

Jody Morrow said...

You did a WONDERFUL job on it! VERY COOL!

Mad said...

This is AWESOME! You did a great job on it, Dorinda!

Allison Rankin said...

This looks beautiful...great job!

Karen said...

I love this~!Cute paper! I think I might like the 2 drawer version better than the taller version. Someday I am going to attempt one of these too.
Karen

Leslie said...

I really need to make one of these.

Kristin said...

Oh I love this!! The vibrant colors you used make this type box look so sassy and fun! One of these days, I'll get around to trying one of these.

Followers

Gary Allan - She's So California